Thank you for joining us for Mission 2021!
More than 4,000 people throughout the diocese and beyond participated in our recent Mission. The week was a joyous celebration of our Catholic faith, offering great hope and comfort at this time of crisis. Many people participated by tuning into daily Mass from different churches or to the evening Mission talk. Others prayed with one of the prayer booklets distributed throughout the diocese. Our website carried the programme for the day, leading us from Morning Reflection to our Mission Evening Talk. Radio Kerry broadcast Just a Thought, Sunday Mass and Horizons.
We would appreciate if you would take a few moments to share a little of your experience with us, by completing this Feedback Form. The form will take about 2 minutes to complete.
Diocese of Kerry YouTube channel – the prayer reflections, Family Play and Pray sessions and Mission talks are on this channel for you to access at your leisure. You will also find a variety of videos on different topics prepared by the diocese.
Mission Evening Talks – January 24th – 29th 2021
- Sunday Evening Talk – John Connell
- Monday Evening Talk – Martina Lehane Sheehan
- Tuesday Evening Talk – Fr Peter McVerry
- Wednesday Evening Talk – Jane Mellett
- Thursday Evening Talk – Br Richard Hendrick
- Friday Evening Talk – Olive Foley
May we continue to journey with hope as followers of Christ throughout 2021.
Review of Mission 2021
The Diocesan Mission was a great success with thousands of people throughout the diocese and beyond participating. The purpose of the Mission was to nourish and nurture people’s faith while also providing hope at this time of crisis. The theme for the Mission was, Be Christ’s Joy.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, those participating in the Mission did so remotely, various means of outreach were used.
- Five thousand booklets containing daily reflections were distributed throughout the diocese.
- Radio Kerry broadcast a daily reflection, Sunday Mass and Horizons.
- Resources for daily Mass were made available to parishes.
- Resources were provided for both primary and second-level students.
- A youth project was promoted through Instagram.
The majority engaged with the Mission over the internet. Registrants received a daily email outlining the day’s programme, with all the necessary links. While 3,300 registered the numbers that participated in the various elements of the Mission far exceeded that.
The daily programme contained:
- Morning and evening reflections – These consisted of videos based on the theme for the day
- Daily Mass – Mass was broadcast from The Cathedral, Bail ‘n Fheirtéaraigh, Castletownbere, Rathmore, Listowel and St John’s Church Tralee.
- Daily prayer – Reflections, prayers and suggested actions were provided.
- Prayer petition – In total 2,500 prayer petitions were received.
- Family prayer – Child-friendly videos that included prayer and fun events were provided to enable families to participate in the Mission.
- Mission talk – Each evening at 8.00 pm a talk reflecting on the day’s theme was broadcast live on Zoom and Facebook. Recordings of the talks were made available on the diocesan website. Over 5,000 people tuned in to the talks on the various platforms.