Welcome to Day 4 of Mission 2021!
Today’s theme is Our Common Home. The earth we inhabit is not ours, but a gift given to us by God. Appreciation of our God-gifted earth is an invitation to respect and relish its beauty and its rhythms. Our hymn of gratitude is reflected in the lightness or heaviness of our footprint upon the earth.
The overall theme of our Mission is Be Christ’s Joy. We are each created and blessed by God. Our daily invitation is to notice God at work in our lives and in the life of the world. We are invited to join in God’s action by responding with love and service.
Below please find the programme for Wednesday January 27th. Click on the titles to access the individual elements.
As you begin your day, take a moment with God. You can pause the reflection at any stage.
Fr. Pat O’ Donnell is the celebrant for Mass from St. Joseph’s Church, Rathmore.
Add your intention to all those being prayed for at Daily Mass by sending in your prayer petition.
Take a few moments to reflect on the day’s theme, and how you could make it a reality in your life.
Spend a few moments with your children, playing and praying.
As the day draws to a close, a time to sit in God’s presence. Use the reflection at your own pace, pausing as suits you.
Jane Mellett, environmental activist and Laudato Si’ Officer with Trócaire. She spent more than ten years as a pastoral worker with Dublin Archdiocese. In 2018, Jane walked 1,000 km from Italy to Poland with a group of pilgrims carrying Pope Francis’ message to the UN Climate Talks. She spent a year tweeting the entire Laudato Si’ document to Donald Trump.
If you have Facebook, the Mission Talk will be transmitted live on Diocese of Kerry Facebook
Mission Talk Recordings
- Sunday Evening Talk – John Connell
- Monday Evening Talk – Martina Lehane Sheehan
- Tuesday Evening Talk – Fr Peter McVerry
Download the Mission 2021 Booklet
Mission talk each evening @ 8.00 p.m.
- Sunday’s speaker – John Connell, author, journalist, farmer.
- Monday’s speaker – Martina Lehane Sheehan, spiritual guide, psychotherapist, author
- Tuesday’s speaker – Fr Peter McVerry, social activist, advocate for the homeless, jesuit priest
- Wednesday’s speaker – Jane Mellett, environmental activist, Laudato Si officer with Trócaire
- Thursday’s speaker – Br Richard Hendricks, spiritual teacher, poet and blogger, Franciscan brother.
- Friday’s speaker – Olive Foley, widow of Axel Foley and ambassador for Children’s Bereavement Services, Limerick.
For youth and young adults – YouthDoK Instagram Competition
For 16 to 30 year olds, submit your Vision of the Future to our competition in one of the following categories: Art, Poetry, Photography or 1 minute Video. Prize for each category.
- Sunday Mass @ 10 am
- Just a Thought
Follow Mission 2021 on Instagram and Facebook