Lent begins on Ash Wednesday and continues until Evening Mass of the Lord’s Supper on Holy Thursday
Resources for Lent 2022
- A Prayer for Ash Wednesday – Source Unknown
- Ash Wednesday Prayer Card – prepared for printing labels on envelopes of ashes
- Lenten Prayer Service incorporating the distribution of ashes Option 1
- Marking Lent 2022
- Focal space for Lent 2022
- Lent 2022 – Prayers of thanksgiving, of petition, of praise and of contrition
Trócaire was established by the Catholic Church in 1973 as a way for Irish people to donate to development and emergency relief overseas. Their dual mandate is to support the most vulnerable people in the developing world, while also raising awareness of injustice and global poverty in Ireland. Trócaire works with local and church partners to support communities in over 20 developing countries with a focus on food and resource rights, women’s empowerment and humanitarian response.
Lent uses violet or purple to mark this season of penance and renewal. The colour rose may be used on the Fourth Sunday of Lent, Laetare Sunday, as an anticipation of the joy of Easter. Red is used when we celebrate the passion of Jesus on Passion Sunday.
Other resources for Lent
CLICK HERE for Communal Reconciliation Service
CLICK HERE for Penitential Service
CLICK HERE for Palm Sunday
CLICK HERE for Holy Thursday Ceremony
CLICK HERE for Good Friday Ceremony