1. Director of Pastoral Planning & Development Archdiocese of Cashel & Emly
3-year Fixed-Term Contract
The purpose of this role is to assist the Archdiocese of Cashel & Emly and its constituent parishes and agencies in the establishment of the 2021-26 ‘Seeds of Hope’ strategic plan for the pastoral work of the Archdiocese.
The Director will work under the guidance of the Archbishop of Cashel & Emly and the Diocesan Pastoral Council and the Council of Priests. The role is critical to the implementation of pastoral initiatives and programmes at parish level, working closely with parish pastoral teams and other pastoral groups as required.
The appointed person will be accountable to the Archbishop of Cashel & Emly.
Closing date for applicants by post or email, on or before 5 pm on
Friday 25th June 2021 to:
Archdiocese of Cashel & Emly,
Archbishop’s House, Thurles, Co. Tipperary, E41 NY92
Phone: (0504) 21512
2. VACANCY FOR PART-TIME ACCOUNTANT/ FINANCE OFFICER
Missio PMS Ireland CLG (Missio Ireland) is the Pope’s official charity for overseas mission. It has 120 offices worldwide under the coordination of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Rome. As the Holy Father’s chosen instrument for sharing the Gospel and building the Church throughout the world, the Missio offices globally support 1,069 dioceses in 157 countries. Missio is the only Catholic charity which supports the Universal Church that is too new or unable to support itself.
Reporting to the Company Board, the National Director has responsibility for the co-ordination of the Missio Ireland office, based in Rathmines, Dublin 6.
Missio Ireland now seeks to appoint a part-time Finance Officer (20 hours per week plus additional hours to commence) on a 2-year fixed-term contact whose roles will include :
- Take responsibility for all areas of finance including invoicing, payments, banking while liaising with the National Director
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reports for the National Director, the Company Board and auditors
- Maintaining files with back up documentation for payments showing date paid, allocation of payment and advice of payment to the recipient
- Recording, lodging and acknowledging all receipts in the office
- Maintaining all current and deposit bank accounts on Excel and doing weekly and monthly reconciliations of same. Making weekly lodgements
- Processing all accounting transactions on TAS Books accounting package
- Develop Manual on Financial policies and procedures
- Maintaining ethos of the organisation in all work matters and gatherings
- Submitting files to CRO & CRA
- Assist the National Director in the role of governance
- Other duties as assigned by the National Director
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Financial Management NCEA certificate or equivalent
- Vast experience of maintaining day to day books, familiarity with computerised accounting systems, preparation of accounts working with others, with internal and external audit requirements, charity regulation, data protection regulations etc.
- Experience of working in the Charities’ Sector
- Remuneration – Negotiable
Applications (CV & covering letter) to be sent before Friday 25th June 2021