The World Meeting of Families is an international event of prayer, catechesis, and celebration that draws participants from around the globe. It seeks to strengthen the bonds between families and to witness to the crucial importance of marriage and the family to all of society. The Meetings also foster gestures of solidarity for families in difficulties. This summer it will take place in Dublin. http://www.worldmeeting2018.ie/en/About/About-WMOF2018
Update June 12th
Papal Mass in Phoenix Park Sunday 26th August These tickets WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE from MONDAY JUNE 25th from www.worldmeeting2018.ie
Ticketing is a two-step process: 1. Registration (opening Monday 25th June) 2. Print tickets at a later date. This is available to parishes / individuals.
- It is a free event.
- Involves 3-5km walk EACH WAY due to the transport routes in place for this event.
- Guidance will be given re bringing seating / umbrellas / food
- The earlier the booking, the closer the corral to the Altar
- People needing special assistance can be with their family in a corral or in a designated area with a carer (copy of medical certificate required at booking)
- Parishes / Pastoral Areas to arrange transport. Book your bus / train asap.
Festival of Families in Croke Park Saturday 25th August
Pope Francis will speak at this evening concert of music and dance, celebrating family life and faith across the world. Photo identification + ticket will be required to access the venue. At the moment the tickets for the Festival of Families in Croke Park can only be accessed through Congress Registration.
Each parish in the country will receive a designated amount of tickets via the Diocesan process.
Due to a high demand of tickets, there will not be a general release of single day free tickets for this event. To guarantee your ticket for this event please register for one of the days at the RDS Congress (see below)
RDS Congress Wednesday 22nd – Friday 24th August Book now as tickets are nearing sell-out
Pope Francis will not be in attendance. The Congress programme includes presentations from keynote speakers, panel discussions, workshops and prayer experiences. There are designated daily programmes for young people (13-17 years) and children (4-12 years) and for parents with toddlers and infants. You can register as a daily participant or for the three-day event online: https://www.worldmeeting2018.ie/en/Tickets/Congress This includes a ticket to the Festival of Families AND to the Closing Mass. Online Registration for this event is OPEN Cost: €68 Congress or €38 per day / Children free must be accompanied Friday now sold out as Single Day Option
Opening Mass in Killarney Tuesday 21st August
A time of Prayer will open the World Meeting of Families across the country. In our diocese this Mass is @ 6.15pm in St. Mary’s Cathedral, Killarney.
Diocesan Delegate: firstname.lastname@example.org 064 6630532
PRAY – A -THON
Pray-a-Thon – A New Initiative for Families to Prepare for WMOF2018 in the Home!
The Pray-a-Thon is an initiative for children as Ireland prepares to host WMOF2018 in August. It is an invitation to reach out to family members/friends and pray for them and any special intentions they might have. WMOF2018_A4pages_prayathon colour and WMOF2018_A4pages_prayathon_ColourMe BW
What can you do?
- Register https://www.worldmeeting2018.ie/en/Tickets/Congress-Registration
- Volunteer https://app.betterimpact.com/PublicOrganization/2a37d139-c5c6-49ee-b672-e301a544ac55/1
- Participate in the Amoris Parish Programme
- Pray – for all families and especially Pope Francis and those preparing for this international gathering.
For the full text of Pope Francis’ On Love in the Family: Amoris Laetitia
Diocesan Contact: Aileen Murphy
Pastoral Centre Killarney: 064 663 0532