St Johns Parish, Tralee is now inviting applications from a suitably committed and qualified person who desires to work in the service of the Parish as a Pastoral Worker.
The Role of the Parish Pastoral Worker
The Parish Pastoral Worker works in partnership with the priests and Pastoral Council of the parish.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Develop Adult Faith Formation Programmes with an emphasis on promoting lifelong learning and Christian living
- Co-ordinate Pre-Sacramental preparation programmes
- Develop active participation in the liturgy
- Build links between Home, School and Parish
- Bereavement Support
- Co-ordinate faith development initiatives with Young Adults
Ideally the candidate should have:
- Excellent IT skills with strong command of Microsoft Office Software
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work on own initiative but must also be a team player
- A good communicator with strong leadership skills
- A Primary Degree in Theology/ Religious Education or equivalent
- Will have relevant experience
- Current driving licence and the use of a car
The job will include evening & weekend work.
An application form is available from email@example.com
The closing date for applying for the role is the 31st of May 2019