The Diocese of Kerry will run a certified training programme for people involved in Parish Pastoral Councils, Parish Liturgy Groups, Parish Finance Committees, Safeguarding Children Committees and other parish committees.
The course will be run in two venues, John Paul II Pastoral Centre, Killarney, and St. Brendan’s Pastoral Centre, Upper Rock St. Tralee. The course will be taught in each of the two venues, over 20 nights,10 nights before Christmas 2012 and 10 nights in Spring 2013.
What will this course do?
- Nurture the personal, spiritual and ministerial growth of leaders for ministry in today’s church
- Develop the confidence and competence of those involved in parish ministry, enabling them to make a greater contribution to the life of their parish and the Church.
- Equip parish leaders with the knowledge, skills and practice needed to be effective in parish ministry.
Who is this course for?
It is for members of parish pastoral councils, liturgy groups, safeguarding children committees, and finance committees. It is for those who are involved in children’s liturgy groups, pre-sacramental preparation, and baptism teams. It is for all who are presently involved in team ministry in their parish or pastoral area.
CLICK HERE to download the application form
• Call of the Baptised
• Mission of Church and of parish
• Co-responsibility of the Laity
• Role and Function of Parish Groups
• Prayer and Spirituality
• Foundations in Christian Morality
• Group Dynamics
Course Commencement Date:
Killarney Course will begin on Monday Sept 23rd 2012
Tralee Course will begin on Wednesday Sept 25th 2012
Cost: €200 – 75% from parish, 25% from participant
For further information, contact:
John Paul II Pastoral Centre,
Telephone: 064 6630538 Email: email@example.com